Re: Ward?

pdelevett@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> The Suns will reportedly waive or buy-out Charlie Ward this week. What say
> you to picking him up? He's no All-Star - and the Knicks have been trying to
> give him away for years - but the guy can quarterback an offense (no pun
> intended) far better than anybody else we have, and he's a solid defender. Kind
> of like a Greg Anthony type.

I'm just catching up on 400+  e-mails/posts having been in Louisiana and
Texas the past several days. Here's a different twist to you query. Instead of
Charlie Ward, what about instead trying to offer the Knicks JJ for Frank
Williams? Actually, that wouldn't work straight up but a two for two deal of JJ and
McCarty for Frank Williams and Doleac does work per RealGM's trade checker.

With the Knicks now have Marbury and Moochie Norris  I can't see FW sticking
around once his rookie deal expires and he sure won't be getting much PT with
Marbury as the new superstar PG in town. Ainge might have to add a sweetener
since Doleac's contract expires at the end of this season  --- perhaps the C's
2nd rounder this year and/or a future 2nd?

It would strengthen the PG depth and also end all the "I Hate Waltah"
hysteria that seems en vogue not to mention immediately create some PT for  Hunter
what with Baker's suspension.

CeltsSteve

``Time, practice, patience, attitude, unselfishness'' - Jim O'Brien