From: owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
gene kirkpatrick
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2004 3:17 PM
To: celtics@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Marbury = Walker

Well, sort of.  Marbury will go to NY and showcase his many talents, become
the hub of their playoff hopes, pile up the stats, and remake the team in
his image--ah, there's the comparison.  Marbury is more talented than Walker
but each had too much of a grip on their team; isn't that a strange way of
seeing things.  But, I think it's right.  Phoenix couldn't win enough with
him, so it makes sense to go in another direction.  Same thing Boston did.
It's hard to fill in the right role players around certain "veteran
all-stars."  (And, of course, the money issues are key.)  Good luck to the
Mavericks and may Marbury enjoy being at home.  Cheers, Gene