Re: Subject: Pierce on Davis

I'm sure "someone" can find a way to twist it into an anti-Ainge rant.
Clouding the issue with facts might get in the way however.
<Jim

>>Anyone care to interpret PP's comment re: Ricky Davis from Bulpett's
>>column this morning?<<<<<<<<<<<<

>If you looked at what Pierce said, and not what Bulpett added, he never
said
>anything about Ricky.  His comments were about the two new starters.
>So what can possibly be interpreted?

Celtics notes

     Pierce watched yesterday's practice from the sideline after bruising
his
left hip in a fall Wednesday night. ``I'll be ready for (tonight),'' he
said.

     Pierce's outlook is better after watching Hunter and Chucky Atkins
debut
with the starters and Jiri Welsch get back in for Ricky Davis.

     ``Hey, we added a couple of new pieces to the lineup, and we had
probably one of our better first quarters (40 points) with that lineup out
there,''
Pierce said. ``So it definitely gives me more reason to be optimistic.'' . .
.
---