Re: Subject: Pierce on Davis

debut with the starters and Jiri Welsch get back in for Ricky Davis.>
-Bulpett

Anyone care to interpret PP's comment re: Ricky Davis from Bulpett's
column this morning?<<<<<<<<<<<<

If you looked at what Pierce said, and not what Bulpett added, he never said
anything about Ricky.  His comments were about the two new starters.
So what can possibly be interpreted?

Celtics notes

     Pierce watched yesterday's practice from the sideline after bruising his
left hip in a fall Wednesday night. ``I'll be ready for (tonight),'' he said.

     Pierce's outlook is better after watching Hunter and Chucky Atkins debut
with the starters and Jiri Welsch get back in for Ricky Davis.

     ``Hey, we added a couple of new pieces to the lineup, and we had
probably one of our better first quarters (40 points) with that lineup out there,''
Pierce said. ``So it definitely gives me more reason to be optimistic.'' . . .

TAM