RE: [Celtics' Stuff ] "It's not only shortsighted, it's obstinate."-Globe

Kim, I think JJ was a rookie in O'Brien's first full season as head
coach. - Ravi

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Kim
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2004 7:27 AM
To: celtics@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] "It's not only shortsighted, it's
obstinate."-Globe

It's also inaccurate and cheap shots. JJ and Billups were of course on
Pitino's watch, not Obie.  Blount's 40 min games have been relatively
few and almost all since Obie left, with Walter's even fewer and ditto
on timing. Nor was Marcus only playing 10 min a night. While Ainge
himself, after Obie left,  said that Perkins would not see much more PT
this season because he was developing but not really ready.  And while
I'm at it, everyone with the hindsight is best comments about playing
Hunter seems to be assuming that he could have had the game he did the
other night if he'd gotten those minutes earlier in the season. Not from
what I saw when he did play, and I don't get me wrong - I like Brandon
and was enthusiastic to sign him out of summer league where he showed
some of the same faults he did in limited minutes earler. As I've said,
probably too many times before and not like it's convincing anyone <g>,
in game PT is not the only way to develop young players, and clearly!
  Hunter has been developing through practice, etc.