Re: Celtics had a growth spurt

At 07:00 AM 2/26/2004 EST, you wrote:
>Anyone notice how everyone with the exception of PP towards the second half
>of the game would give up the ball instantly to Chucky?

Yes, it was amazing to see. They just know who should be in charge of the
ball. Even Pierce was giving it up more than usual, though not enough.

> Remember how I had
>pointed out how Jiri wouldn't give the ball up to Banks or Walta would
think he
>was a point forward and would dribble it up the floor? That is a sign of
>respect. They didn't respect James and still don't respect the rookie
Banks. Like
>Tommy is complaining, PP has to stop dribbling the ball and get it to the
POINT
>GUARD so the point can do his job and PP can do his. Chucky looked even
better
>than I thought he was going to. I think that is mostly a credit to how bad
>James was and how much Banks has to learn.....

Yes, the contrast is remarkable...You forget what a real PG looks like
after a while.

>As for Hunter, the results speak for themselves. Songaila? Songaila? I guess
>we won't hear that name brought up again.

Why not? Here are his last five games (when he became a starter):

						Rebs	Pts
  Feb 	 24 	 vsKnicks 	107-99 W  	13  	 17
  Feb 	22 	at Raptors 	96-81 W  	10  	15
  Feb 	20 	at Bulls 		91-83 W  	11  	10
  Feb 	19 	at T'wolves 	75-92 L  	3  	12
  Feb 	17 	vsCeltics 	127-111 W  	7  	17

He's shooting 50% for the season.

The point is, we don't have to diss one to extoll the other. They were both
very good picks (especially coming in the 50s), and are both excellent
young players.

As for Hunter, I wonder if, after this last road trip,  Ainge told Carroll
explicitly to insert Hunter into the starting lineup post-haste. Or did
Carroll just figure out on his own what was obvious to many fans for weeks?

Kestas