Re: How to fix our problems

At 03:51 PM 2/23/2004, Enrile, Roy wrote:
Here's my take on how Danny might fix the C's problems.  But I think
it'll be too controversial for some folks.

   Go ahead and hire Byron in the offseason and go all out for the Sac
Kings vision.  (There have been Laker crossovers in the past with Shaw,
Fox, Travis etc).  Byron is tough, the best fast break/motion-offense
coach available, plus his teams defend.

Hmmm, I must seem like I'm just on the hunt for things to disagess with lately, but still... Roy - have you ever watched Byron coach, like even in a game? His assistants ran *everything* from what I saw and as a lot of media reports stated. With the evidence this year, between what happened when he lost Jordan and when Frank took over, backing that idea. So I wouldn't hire him, if not for the controversy based (Lakerdom and his comments about Boston) reasons you probably expected.

Kim