How to fix our problems

Here's my take on how Danny might fix the C's problems.  But I think
it'll be too controversial for some folks.

   Go ahead and hire Byron in the offseason and go all out for the Sac
Kings vision.  (There have been Laker crossovers in the past with Shaw,
Fox, Travis etc).  Byron is tough, the best fast break/motion-offense
coach available, plus his teams defend.  Doc Rivers is a good
communicator and my second choice.  Cowens isn't a fast break coach,
Westphal is a poor coach (I've watch his Santa Barabara teams, and they
play soft with little teamwork).

Keep "coach schmuck" for the year as a scapegoat to take some of the
heat for the tank job.

   Since Danny reportedly wanted Abdur-Rahim at PF badly, I agree with
others listmembers, the C's should take a long look at Charlie
Villanueva, and other Rahim type teenagers.  Saw this weekends Uconn
game and he seems bulked up.  Portland's excellent GM acquires guys like
this every single year.  Besides discovering stars Oneal/Randolph, his
three baby sf's Miles, Qyntel, and probably Outlaw are all steals.

   Offer as much as you can to free agent Payton(like the Mailman last
year), to settle Paul and the youngsters down on both ends.  His battle
experience, competitiveness, and clout would be a better veteran example
than Brent/Chucky/Dana combined.  Nobody ever gives Payton credit for
his oldschool fundamental skills(he's never gotten buy on dunking and
bad pullup jumpers like most modern guards).

   Most important, pick up one of the Ratliff clones in free agency
(Keon/Camby/McDyess are available, Swift will be taken), and let Blount
walk.  The instant Obie stopped transferring his oldschool Philly
toughness, our two 7 footers transformed the C's into losers.  Even on
easy one-on-one iso plays, they're barely challenging jumpshots from
6'8" PF's and absolutely everything gets to the rim.  I HATE soft
interior D!