Re: Is it all worth it? and a question

In a message dated 2/21/04 3:46:28 PM Pacific Standard Time,
ubiquitous_am_i@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> Being at the game, what did you think of Pierce?  His
> back was giving him problems, so perhaps I shouldn't
> make that much of what I saw, but it seemed to me that
> he was unusually negative on the court, especially
> considering that it was a 'home' game for him.  And
> what about Ricky's interaction with the rest of the
> team; I've seen him in the ears of many of the
> players, but I never get a sense of how it is
> recieved.  From being there live, what kind of impact
> was Ricky having on the team, especially during time
> outs, stoppages in play, etc...  Do you think he was
> exhibiting the type of leadership qualities I've been
> attributing to him, or is it just wishful thinking on
> my part?

Hey Ryan,
Glad someone else saw the little episode with Banks and got the same
impression I did.

Re Pirece - I didn't see anything regarding his play live that you might have
missed on TV, other than maybe he seemed pretty passive - didn't seem that
involved in the game.  On the other hand, I know he has hurt his back, and that
could easily have been responsible for not being very active in the game and
for his lack of comment in the team discussion after the game.  I couldn't
really see a lot of the game better than on TV - just the parts that were near the
end of the court where we were sitting like the action with Banks.

Regarding Ricky - The same restrictions on what we could see from where we
were applies, but Ricky's energy level and intensity or involvement with the
game was easy to see.  I couldn't tell so much from what I saw how his
communications with his teamates was received - I'll have to pass on that and try to
pick it up on TV in the other games.  But I was impressed at what seemed to be a
good team-oriented game and especially that his considerable number of points
really came in the flow of the game.  Couldn't really see any selfish
ball-hogging play there.  And he is really athletic and quick!

I hope this attitude of his continues and isn't a brief thing until he feels
confident enough for the Evil Ricky to emerge.  If his team-first play
continues, he will be a major acquisition for the Celts.
But for now, I'm coining a new phrase "There is no "I" in Ricky!"
Oh well, maybe I should stick to my plans to bring a sign to the game next
year saying "Oh Ricky, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, Hey
Ricky"
Maybe that'll get me a Tommy Point.

Hank M.