Re: Celtics Lucky

In a message dated 2/21/04 9:06:44 PM Pacific Standard Time,
hartleyo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> At least Banks, Jiri,

I don't know that I would agree that the others have quit (i.e. I know Pierce
has a painful back - I don't know how much of his poor play of late is due to
that), but I do agree with your list of those who are still playing, except
you need to include Ricky D.  He's really hustling out there, not just on
offense, but in getting critical rebounds and deflections, and a surprisingly high
number of assists.
In the Portland massacre tonight, Banks also had some good play after all was
lost, and while it was garbage time, Hunter was fierce for his few minutes.
Actually, although it was garbage time, he was playing against Portland's
stud, Zach Randolph. And in what, 8 minutes? he had 10 points and 8 rebounds I
think against Randolph while Zach was scoreless ? My memory could be wrong on
that.
Also Tommy H. even commented that the players on the other team were 'afraid'
of Brandon.  Smart guys.
Oh well, at least some of the guys are showing some grit - in Hunter's case,
I hope his time increases till the point that he shows he can't handle it.
And if he doesn't flop with more time, we have some real toughness in our
lineup, something we could really use.

Hank M.