Interesting Tidbits from FSNE

Although filled per usual with overblown Redsox
coverage, FSNE did have two interesting tidbits on the
C's.  First, Pierce missed the last 30 minutes of
practice because of a sore back.  The team, however,
still expects him to play tomorrow night.  Secondly,
Carroll (after presumably reading the notes I posted
to him on Saturday... *grin*) is considering starting
Ricky Davis over Jiri.  Thanks for waking up to
reality, Carroll.  I would have been more impressed
had he 'considered' it prior to Ricky shooting 11 of
12, though.  Anyway, at least it seems that Carroll is
attempting to make some adjustments (and if I could
repost my notes to him, I would have added "use some
damn sunscreen!"  It's not like players are going to
listen to a guy who doesn't even have enough sense to
protect himself from the sun.  This is all assuming he
didn't get his 'tan' from a bottle) so as to get this
team playing more competitively.

Ryan

P.S.  Who else noticed Marcus last night as Carroll
was presumably imparting some words of wisdom to him
on the bench?  As Carroll went on and on, Marcus
appeared to be staring at something behind the coach
and didn't even acknowledge John's presence for what
seemed to be at least 20 seconds (at least that's how
long the camera lingered on the scene).  Of course,
maybe Marcus was just having problems looking at
John's hideous instant tan (I know I'm hammering this
point home, but there was this sun spot thingy just on
the tip of Carroll's nose that made it kind of hard to
look at him without thinking, "boy, this guy's a real
goober."), but nonetheless I've noticed a huge
drop-off in intensity and knowledgeable play since
O'Brien left.  This combined with what I would call a
naturally defiant attitude has caused Marcus to really
mail-in the last few games.  Carroll needs to address
this, either by taking all the restrictions off and
letting Marcus just have fun or by laying down the law
and attempting a little discipline (we'll leave this
decision and the pyschology to John, and the I'll
stick to the cosmetic tips for now).