News Summary: Ricky a Dog, Francis Available, Baker Gone; Acie Earl

On with the show this is it....

- Vin Baker gets waived today. Wednesday clears waivers. Then
the Players Association files a grievance. Buyout discussions ensue
as an Arbitrator is called forth.

- Ricky Davis is a "Dog!" exclaims the Sports Dick ~ Craig Dickinson.
(Aside: How soon before Ainge "Robeycizes" Davis?  He's a negative
influence on the follower, not leader, Pierce.  Yet, I still like the
trade, since Davis is eminently tradeable and Mihm may bring back a
starting center ala Dampier.  And what did they really give up:
Brown heading for obscurity, Battie always hurt, Williams leadership will
be replaced next season.)

- Steve Francis is available, says Vecsey, who sees the possibility of
Francis heading to Philly in a three-way deal between Atlanta, Houston,
and Philadelphia.  (Pierce for Francis? Unlikely. C's don't have a
competent PG to trade.)

- Acie Earl, in case your wondering, is 33 and playing in Serbia-Montanegro.

- "Ainge gave up on the year; I'm giving up on the year too," Callahan On EEI says
that may be Pierce's thinking.

- Celtics are looking out for themselves and doing anything they can
to get out of Vin's contract, the Baker camp feels.

- Tam positively swooning over the play of Kurt Hinrich:
"Oh Kurt, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind,
Hey Hinrich", Tam singing, as the ex-Kansas star demolished the
alleged Celtics point guards.
(Aside: If the Celtics do end up in the Lottery, they should strongly consider
taking one of the two possible franchise PGs: Shaun Livingston or
Sebastian Telfair.  Other big potential PG is Felton, but shooting
and offense a question mark. Jameer Nelson is an interesting,
later-in-the first round pickup. Gordon is a combo guard ala Dumars.
Parker's brother: T.J. may be the the PG Sleeper of the draft.)

Ray