Re: Great job, Danny!

--- Sean Giovanello wrote:
1) The Celtics cleared Raef LaFrentz medically and said his knee was not
damaged seriously and that he would be able to play out the season.  Thats a
mistake by the Celts medical staff or if Ainge decided to do the deal anyway it
was a even bigger mistake on his part.
--- end of quote ---

Hey, medical decisions are often fuzzy. It's a fact of life. And even if they
knew LaFrentz had to have surgery, it's not like Ainge could really go back on
the deal. Can you imagine having Walker back after the trade fell through?
In any case, Jiri, the juicy Mills' contract, and the Dallas pick is not a
terrible return for a guy who had very little value around the league (even
Obie's Toadies acknowledged that). If LaFrentz returns to health and his career
average of 12 ppg on 47% shooting, 7rpg, and 2bpg as an intelligent,
fill-in-the-gaps big guy, we definitely come out ahead in this deal.

--- Sean Giovanello wrote:
2) Why would anyone have expected anything from Baker?  We were certainly
surprised by Baker's start, but given his record in green does it really make
sense to have been counting on anything from him?
--- end of quote ---

Hope is the mother of fools. We all wanted Baker to recover and do well.  Was
it unreasonable to hope for it? Considering the priors, yeah. But it made
everybody feel good to believe for a month or so.
Kestas