Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] "Vin talks to Baccus every day..."-Herald

On Feb 14, 2004, at 11:42 AM, Eggcentric@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Jim - You made no reference to it, but the following also appeared in
> the Murphy column you brought to us yesterday.  Wondering what
> your take is on it.
>
> < ''Vin has been in compliance for the last two and a half weeks,''
>  said the agent, who added that Baker was also monitored by a local
> doctor under Baccus' charge. ``The doctor appointed by Dr. Baccus has
> cleared Vin, but that doesn't matter because this is up to Dr. Baccus.
> But Vin is able to join the team.'' > - Murphy, Herald
> ********

	Honestly, I read right by this. It is astounding if true, which I'm
inclined to doubt.
	My opinion is that if Baker was anywhere near playing condition, he
would have been in Chicago, waiting for the green light.
	I would say, he knew he wasn't going to be cleared and in fact, by
re-hiring Goodwin when he did, it would seem as if he's probably given
up the program all-together.
	I do share your opinion that they are now posturing for the dollars at
stake and that both sides have reasons to settle quickly.
	To get the Knicks interested and by that interest, be willing to foot
some of the bill, would grease the skids, I'm sure, but we are talking
a whole lot of money and even a sober Baker is not worth anywhere near
the 30 million he would collect if he could have stayed clean, so this
"settlement" will not be an easy task.
	JB
Unchain My Heart!