Re: Dr. Jack disses Cs potential and PP

You might be willing to wait three years or more Dan. I might if I can see the plan and feel its working (to this point I am not convinced). However, the majority of the fans will not be willing. This means lost ticket revenues. On EEI, they said attendance is down this year. I would imagine we will see a serious season ticket drop next year if things dont appear to be headed upward pretty fast. I just dont think a team like the Celts can take 3 years or more to implement a program. Given the owners not quite so deep pockets and the fact that they dont own the arena really puts them in a bind. If 3 years from now we are saying next year is the year I dont think Danny will be around...

Dan Forant wrote:

You're trying to grow too rapidly. We don't need another Super Star unless
we draft a sleeper. It's important to get the Finals out of one's mind for a
few years. A point guard and a rebounder would be a good beginning.

DanF

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sean Giovanello"

The Knicks traded a max contract guy in the last year of his contract
and another guy in the last year of his contract + picks for a 2 max
contract guys.  What could the Celts have gotten by packaging Walker,
Williams and Mills + a pick?  That would be 2 expiring deals (with one
paid by insurance) and a guy heading into the last year of a max
contract....

No one will want Baker or LaFrentz.  That leaves us the ability to trade
Pierce as our key way of bringing in a superstar?

cut