RE: Dr. Jack disses Cs potential and PP

>I dont get why you think Baker will be tradeable for value akin to Sheed
>and McDyess yet Walker wasnt.  Can you explain that to me?

Sure.

1. Walker had two years left with an opt out making him a FA at his option
after one year.  In two years, at the end of his contract, he could have
been traded like Sheed and McDyess.  Or he could have opted out and walked
without any return to the team holding his contract.  Very risky I would
say.  And not fair to Walker either, IMO.

But the issue you your asking about is if Walker is tradable due to his
contract like Sheed.  He will be to a degree.  He isn't as good a talent,
but he is a far superior person.

2. I made the comment that Baker's contract may turn into something when it
is ending, like Sheed.  I believe Walker will continue to play.  I don't
believe Baker will.  Hence why I speak of them different.

<Jim