Re: Peter May Attacks The Devil Ainge

<  He's (Ainge) right in that this team needed an upgrade in talent.>
-Kestas

No one is debating that. It is a matter of how he has gone about it
and whatever damage he has caused.

< He had to trade some chemistry guys to get talent, and to break
Obie's style.  It turned out that Obie and his style are inseparable,
but them are the breaks. > - Kestas

Or he could have held on to a few of the chemistry guys in order to
provide a stable environment for the true development of Banks, Welsch,
Hunter, and Perkins.  As is, I don't see how our youngsters can profit
this season from the present chaos no matter how many minutes they
are or are not given. There has to be a plan (as opposed to two coaches
teaching them one way and a GM calling them aside to teach them
another way).  Through terrible example, why wouldn't the result be
disobedience or at least confusion?

Ainge extended Obie's contract when their (Danny and Obie's) differences
were apparent no matter how much he annoyingly stressed the "We are on
the same page" bit which so many fans wanted to believe. Seems logical
that if a GM signs a coach to a three year contract, the least he can do
is to then allow that coach a bit of input as to who/what players he
feels will most advance his coaching style.  Ainge signed the coach,
then did everything to undermine him.  Makes no sense and therein lies
the crux of our present problems.

< I thought that happened BEFORE EWill was traded. I could look it up,
but the trade happened on 12/15, and you were dropping hints about
Baker's relapse way before then. And it was evident from his play
since the beginning of December.> - Kestas

As of the first or second week of Dec. (forget just when) rumors began
to circulate that Vin seemed a bit lethargic and might be falling off
the wagon. At some point in that time frame he also came down with
a reported virus. While one player thought he smelled liquor on Baker's
breath, another saw him squirting mouthwash prior to a practice.
But his return to alcohol was not yet confirmed, his games remained
up and down, and he was still getting lots of playing time.  EWill was
his biggest supporter and confidant feeling there was still a chance Vin
could get through this and resume his early season play.

Vin's last productive game came against Cleveland one game prior to the
trade on Dec.13th when he went 7 for 13, 6 rebounds, 16 points.  On the
night of the trade, Dec. 15, he went 5 for 10, 5 rebounds, 12 points.
After that, he seemed to quickly go downhill. Perhaps it is a coincidence.

<  Or is Silas intending to hold on to him (EWill) at any cost? > - Kestas

Maybe he should.  Cleveland, 6-17 at the time of the trade, is a whole new
team who, as mediocre as they still are, may yet finish ahead of us by
season's end.  Meanwhile we have struggled to incorporate the Cleveland
problem players into our mix (27 games and counting - how long does
it take?).  EWill's on-floor stats certainly can't be the difference to
the Cavs. How about the chemistry?

Egg