Re: Peter May Attacks The Devil Ainge

--- Egg wrote:
But how many highly-talented players are available UNLESS they are
head cases?  Otherwise no team would want to trade Sheed, Bonzi, Ricky,
Steve Francis, etc. ... all the <<''bargains<'' Ainge has and continues to
pursue in his quest to improve our athleticism.
--- end of quote ---

Well, sure, but what did you expect Ainge to do? Sit tight with the crew of
EWill, Battie et al.? He's right in that this team needed an upgrade in talent.
He had to trade some chemistry guys to get talent, and to break Obie's style.
It turned out that Obie and his style are inseparable, but them are the breaks.

--- You wrote:
I'm afraid players like EWill are a lot more rare and valuable than you
suspect. The NBA isn't exactly brim full with these types (on-court
generals and clubhouse leaders).  Had I not been made quite so aware
of my disturbing innuendoes, I might even suggest a connection between
Vin Baker going off the wagon and the EWill (his chief support-system)
trade.
--- end of quote ---

I thought that happened BEFORE EWill was traded. I could look it up, but the
trade happened on 12/15, and you were dropping hints about Baker's relapse way
before then. And it was evident from his play since the beginning of December.
Anyway, I like EWill too, just not as the main supplementary scorer. Why can't
they get him back, just like they got him back the first time, and just like
they got Blount back? Or is Silas intending to hold on to him at any cost?

--- You wrote:
Those close to the team are scratching their heads over
why Lester wasn't named ahead of Carroll.
--- end of quote ---

That was my first thought, too. Not that I know that Lester would have been any
better, but the odds are in favor of it.

--- You wrote:
Now this kills me. What solid veterans do we have left ... Pierce, Blount,
and McCarty?  Isn't this what some of our differences are all about?
--- end of quote ---

Well, you can acquire veterans. They won't have the tenure with the team that
EWill did, but can still have a positive effect. A guy like Malik Rose (not
saying he's available) would surely help the present situation. I think the key
is to get vets that play the style you want (i.e., not someone like Waltuh).

--- You wrote:
RICKY DAVIS is a truly talented individual - a park league pick-up team
phenom unable to conform to any NBA team structure either on offense
or defense.  He is a zoot-suit dude with limited ability upstairs.

CHRIS MIHM will continue to be given short minutes due to his laid
back persona, propensity to foul, and non-comprehension of team D.
It is why the shrewd Silas never gave him more minutes even while
displeased with Ilgauskis for not putting out more effort.
--- end of quote ---

Like I said, I hope Ricky can grow out of it. Mihm can be a very good backup
center. He's not stupid. He's still young. He's not better than LaFrentz, who
is a far more complete, smart player, but he's a decent building block.

--- You wrote:
 "I absolutely, categorically reject the notion of rebuilding,"
    Grousbeck said. "It's a year marred by injuries and off-the-court
    problems." > - Howard Ulman

Just wondering how you interpret that.
--- end of quote ---

It's a weak attempt to cover up what is surely a rebuilding project (perhaps
not a total gut job, but close). I don't know why they think the fans won't
understand that. On second thought, judging by the reaction of the general
fandom out there, perhaps that judgment is correct.

--- You wrote:
I do tend to slither away because having stated what I truly feel,
what possible good does it do to restate it in rebuttal?  BORING.
--- end of quote ---

I don't think it's boring at all, at least not to me. Like I've said many times
before, your presence adds much needed spice to this list.
Kestas

PS Tonight looks like Obie Junior's best chance for the next month or so to get
his first win . If he doesn't, it could get pretty (tragi)comical for the
Grousbeck & Co.