Re: thanks, Egg

At 04:01 PM 2/5/2004, john heydt wrote:
I also remember those womens basketball games.   Also the blue one piece
gymsuits that the girls wore in HS.  My interest in the Celtics goes back to
the Providence Steamroller days when they folded and I picked another New
England team.  Don't remember much about the Steamrollers except that Ernie
Cavalry played for them.

I guess we're dating ourselves <gggg>

Dating yourself? Isn't that illegal?
Gotta admit that I remember those games with absolutely no fondness whatsoever, myself. I grew up in a tiny country town, that kept on girls rules basketall longer than most other places, along with some other old fashioned stuff. So there I am, playing and growing to love the real thing, a beautiful game, with the boys after school and on weekends and then I'm supposed to not only play that mess under the name of *basketball*, but I was expected to get excited about it because it was "a real sport" like the boys, instead of the other garbage they thought was suitable for girls' gym. I hated and resented it. Ugh.

See guys -there *are* worse things perpetrated supposedly as being basketball than the Cs have ever done