Re: thanks, Egg

< I also remember those womens basketball games.   Also the blue
one piece gymsuits that the girls wore in HS. > - jrheydt

You know what, John, I think I still have that old blue thingy packed
away up in the attic hugging my old Woolworth's silver-plated ankle
bracelet.  As I recall, I was forced to switch the bracelet from left
to right ankle after breaking up with my boyfriend (who I had
met at Perkins School for the Blind) because he wanted to <''make out<''
instead of buying me a clam roll at one of those drive-in restaurants.
Those were sick restaurants; my best friend broke her ankle while
roller-skating to a car with a full tray.

Guess all the girl's teams must have worn blue in those days... no wonder
I made so many turnovers. Gene is so wrong - not EVEN the mothers and
sisters attended the games... just a few harassed boyfriends and the
local Priest.

And while on this trip down memory lane, I thought you might enjoy
hearing that while talking to my elderly mom on the phone yesterday,
she casually asked, <<''Does the Chief (her favorite player ever) still
play for the Celtics?<<''  Guess she's more into Tom Brady these days.

Egg