More bare bones to chew on

< Ainge feels that Davis, Pierce, Mihm, Welsch and Marcus Banks
are the foundation for a contending team; O'Brien does not. >
 - Dr. Jack Ramsey, ESPN, 1/28

OK, so he's Obie's prejudiced, gray panther dad-in-law. But the above
pretty much sums up the state of our present/future team.

I was never an Obie fan,  thus early on I joined many of you into buying
into Ainge's vision. He appeared to be on the right track. Hell, he still
does... the difference being that many of you still believe in him while
I do not.

I know this sounds patronizing and insulting but I will say it anyway.
I feel many of you wear rose-colored glasses in assessing our
new one-dimensional talent. Svengali Ainge has made you willing to
sell over and over again our team's soul for more athleticism (a better
offense), and like Ainge, feel defense, chemistry, and the will to
win are merely peripheral to a more prolific offense.

I continue to feel many have been misled as to just what Ainge has
brought us while conveniently sloughing off the damage his untruthful
ways and insensitive actions have wrought upon our team and upon his
reputation throughout the league.  Oops, can't resist ... another
slanderous innuendo.  Do you really want to hear the spelled out
specific examples?  It would be redundant on my part, because I
already have spent many months mouthing off on these.

When sophisticated Celt fans become as desperate as Ainge and actually
back his deals for the likes of bargain athletes such as Bonzi Wells, Eddie
Griffin, Rasheed Wallace, ANY of the Barrybs ... well that just frightens
me.  Such a roster full of talented scoring dudes ... on and off the
court... would not constitute a team I would have confidence in, pride
in, future hope in, or loyalty to.   I repeat - Portland East?

Egg