Re: choosing comfort over common sense

<Citing terrorism risks and highly visible targets, which seem to be thought
sufficient excuse for everything else, would at least go over better.>

I doubt the IOC wants to bring up terrorism and Greece's ability to defend
same.

To expect a US professional player to go to Greece just to play an
exhibition game against the NBA players from other countries and be
potential targets and to not insist on the highest level of safety would be
foolish.

Even the thought of potentially getting a career ending injury by playing a
pickup game against some "curling team" is nonsense.  These guys may play a
child's game, but be real.

The common sense for this "competition" is protecting yourself as best as
possible.  If having beds that fit and private bathrooms is considered to
much comfort by some, well to each their own I guess.  Other NBA players
from other countries are opting out as well.  The whole process should be
true non-pro's as far as I'm concerned.  When you have pros like Barkley
"representing" you, who wants these guys there anyway?

<Jim
---