Celtic picnic

Celtic picnic report from ESPN message board. JB, you got a mention. You got
your 15 minutes of fame.....

DJessen33

<I went to the Celtics picnic yesterday, held at the Healthpoint facility in
Waltham Massachusetts ("gateway to Belmont"). They hold this right before
training camp for season ticket holders.

Notes:
Probably about 400-600 people there. It was hard to get a full count since
there were lots of places for poeple to mill about. Got two t-shirts. Food was
hotdogs, hamburgers, chicken, etc. I'm not sure, but I thought I saw Chris
Wallace manning the grill...

Jim Obrien was great. He stood outside the facility greeting people and the
line was very long to meet him. My son took a basketball to have people sign.
Jim told him that my son's job was to dribble that basketball until the
signature rubs off. Kids love that stuff. Coach had a smile and handshake for
everyone.

Tom Heinhson arrived and was wearing a coral Izod shirt, shorts, loafers and
white socks pulled up shin-high. I threw-up my burger and enjoyed eating it
again after seeing him. Boy, was he crabby.

The parking lot looked like a HUM-V showroom...

We got to walk through the celtics part of the Healthpoint facility. And when
I say 'walk-through', I mean stand in line for an hour. The media room is
awesome. PC-driven telestrator with a huge monitor you can write on in different
colors. I'm not sure, but I thought I saw a file called WALLACE-RESUME.DOC on
the PC...

In the locker room, each player's locker has their name and a list of players
that have worn their number. I suppose that's meant to inspire the new player
to greatness...that is unless you have a players like MOISO on your list.
The phones on the wall are about 6-7feet off the ground. It looks weird. The
sinks are chest high! And place where I washed my hands was chest high...oh
wait! That was a urinal. ARRRRRGGGHHH!!!

Got to meet MARCUS BANKS, RICK WIETZMAN, TOMMY HIENHSON, JOJO WHITE and BOB
COUSY - all signed my son's basketball.
I am very impressesed with Banks. He made it a point to act more open with
the kids - more upbeat. The poor guy had to sit next to Weitzman's wife and she
was asking him "...now, what do you do...?" and "Oh point guard - they set the
pace don't they" He was very gracious answering the questions but I'm sure he
wanted to ask her to sit next to Tommy.

Tommy signs my kid's ball and then states out loud "I GOTTA GO TO THE JOHN".
Get's up and leaves. Priceless.

Back outside, we saw Brandon Hunter, Mike James and Kendrick Perkins. Hunter
is HUGE!!!! Nobody is moving him out of the paint. OB and Ainge were taking
questions from the audience. Nothing remarkable stated that you haven't already
heard. The best question was "Coach - how do you feel about the lack of a
veteran point guard?" OB smiles and handes the mic to Ainge. Crowd loved it.
Another question was "Do you have any job openings for GM-like positions?" This was
by Chris Wallace...

can't wait for more hoops news!
Paco