Re: El-Amin revisited

On Wednesday, September 24, 2003, at 11:36  AM, Eggcentric@xxxxxxx
wrote:

> Couldn't help but finally speak up after reading so many of your rave
> reviews about El Amin's sparkling play in one Shawbs game several
> summers ago.
>
> For what it's worth, JB, I agree with you that we probably should have
> signed a veteran PG (instead of James) to share the duties with Banks
> this season.  But El-Amin or Omar Cook as that player... I'd sooner
> James.
> 	Egg

**************
	It wasn't one game. It was the last four or five. The team was
horrible with Palacio at the point and then they brought in Khalid and
the team started to dance.
	Why they didn't sign him, who knows? Attitude may have a lot to do
with it, but the boy can play point. Can James? I don't know. I haven't
read one report from a Miami source that says he can. My opinion is
that there will be so little difference between him and Tony Delk, at
point, that O'Brien will opt for the better shooter, as well he should.
	When I start talking about El-Amin, Cook, or Pepe Sanchez; admittedly,
the bottom of the barrel, it's out of frustration, because annually,
the list of available back up point guards just shrinks from the
Celtics view and as usual, they just don't seem to place much weight on
having one.
	I'd be happy with Tyus Edney.
	To my way of thinking, either the Celtics commit to forty eight
minutes of point guard oriented offense, or there will be lots of
confusion and conflicting signals.

	JB

Unchain My Heart!