El-Amin revisited

< With El Amin, we already know. He's been here, he's played on a
few teams, he's been fired every time. The incessant harping about El
Amin is monotonous. He's just not good enough. > - Shawn Niles

< Khalid El-Amin has only played for one team.  He played 50 games for
the Bulls in his rookie year, 2000-01. > - JB

Couldn't help but finally speak up after reading so many of your rave
reviews about El Amin's sparkling play in one Shawbs game several
summers ago.

For what it's worth, JB, I agree with you that we probably should have
signed a veteran PG (instead of James) to share the duties with Banks
this season.  But El-Amin or Omar Cook as that player... I'd sooner
James.

As you state, El-Amin played in 50 games for CHICAGO in 2000-01,
prior to being released.

He was then given a shot by BOSTON in the Shaw's Summer League,
prompting yet another classic Wallace quote.

    ''Basically what I told him (El-Amin) was that if you look at
    the 2001 draft, he would have been coming out this year had
    he decided to stay (for his senior season in college), and if you
    look at the point guards drafted, Raul Lopez, Jamaal Tinsley,
    Tony Parker, I honestly think he would have been the first
    point guard taken.''  - Chris Wallace

Wallace opted to sign Palacio instead of El-Amin.

El-Amin subsequently signed for $465,850 with DALLAS in 2001-02, but
was released by them prior to the season.

In Sept, 2002, MIAMI signed El-Amin, but I am unsure of the terms of
that contract since he never played one game for Miami nor does he
appear on their 2002-03 payroll.

Egg
August, 2003 -

< A jury awarded $54,000 to a man who said he was assaulted three
years ago by former Connecticut basketball star Khalid El-Amin. Curtis
Frazier, a Minneapolis computer chip inspector, contended he sustained
eye socket, nose and facial nerve injuries. He said the trouble happened
when he tried to enter an elevator occupied by El-Amin and his friends.
The jury awarded Frazier $40,000 for pain and suffering plus $4,000 for
medical bills last Thursday. It came back Friday and awarded $10,000
in punitive damages. >