Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] Re: I challenge you

I have finally found someone who would makes the '"fair and balanced"
category. I also liked the way you broke it up into categories.

Let me first say that I would thank all who have responded to date. It does a
lot to explain how some value our players. God makes all kinds, I guess,
sunny days and cloudy days. Howver,  I have to say for those folks who ranked
rookies who haven't even played in the NBA better than Twan haven't done much for
their credibility.

I also would like to help with the definition of better. Let's say you are
putting a team out there and you got your center and point guard which are kind
of specialty positions. Therefore, you would already have a guy who can bring
it up the floor and generate offense and a guy who will rebound and play
defense. This makes the selection and comparison a little easier. Now, who would be
the next best player to next add to the team?

Some, like Mourning, was amusing. He didn't even play last year but he has to
be better than Twan. This reaches the area of saying Walker had a negative
benefit last year. Humorous.

Cassell, another amusing one. He gets traded for Joe Smith. Joe Smith? And
they are better than Twan? And apparently these folks haven't got up on the
reading on how Cassell becomes disliked on every team he is on.

Andre Miller? Wow. Did you not see his play last year for the Clippers.
Better than Twan? How?

Now I will comment on the gentleman's ratings below. I will go with your
definites. I'll let Nash go to the definites category. However, Rose, Bibby (who
just had one great playoff on a great team and dissappointed last year), Gasol
and Peja in the notch below. I would put Vince, Marion, Mashburn, the Wallace
brothers and Stoudamire be in the debatable stage. However, I have to add
Martin and Baron Davis to this list.

Players like Randolph and Ming will be there, maybe by midseason, but they
aren't there today.

I also have to agree that Malone is a little wobbly at the definites spot.
Finley is a little shaky also (big is always better than small) but I will leave
them there.

Did anyone watch Gasol play last year? Great potential but he needs a lot of
work and build up. If he is that good at his young age, why are the Griz
thinking about trading him? Reality check?

I also want to note that Webber and Walker were considered equals back when
Webber was with the Bullets/Wizards. Then he gets traded to a better team and
he suddenly reaches the superstar status. I would tend to think Walker would do
as well on the Kings with his versatility. Yet, Walker has hit many big shots
to win games where the rascally Webba never has. Something to think about.....

DJessen33