Re: one last word on the current Antoine thread (maybe)

> The "efficiency numbers" are bullshit like every
> other statistic beyond the basics:  points, shooting %, rebounds,
> assists, steals, and blocked shots.  Even those are misleading.
> Antoine is what he is:  a flawed but extremely talented player,

Uh huh..sure they are thats just a devastating argument - that you think they
are bullshit. Wow.. We better call the NBA and have them take it down with a
withering statistical analysis like that.

1. <A HREF="http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kevin_garnett/index.html?nav=page";>Kevin Garnett</A> ( <A HREF="http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/index.html?nav=page";>Minnesota Timberwolves</A>)  82  32.07
  2. <A HREF="http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tim_duncan/index.html?nav=page";>Tim Duncan</A> ( <A HREF="http://www.nba.com/spurs/index.html?nav=page";>San Antonio Spurs</A>)    81  29.94
  3. <A HREF="http://www.nba.com/playerfile/shaquille_oneal/index.html?nav=page";>Shaquille O'Neal</A> ( <A HREF="http://www.nba.com/lakers/index.html?nav=page";>Los Angeles Lakers</A>) 67  29.85
  4. <A HREF="http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tracy_mcgrady/index.html?nav=page";>Tracy McGrady</A> ( <A HREF="http://www.nba.com/magic/index.html?nav=page";>Orlando Magic</A>) 75  28.80
  5. <A HREF="http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kobe_bryant/index.html?nav=page";>Kobe Bryant</A> ( <A HREF="http://www.nba.com/lakers/index.html?nav=page";>Los Angeles Lakers</A>)  82  28.02

The top five guys in efficency.. Let me see their teams have won
championships, MVPs and dominated the game. Thats some pretty damn good validity for a
stat.  I would take those guys any time on my team.

Twan wasn't that good last year. Just deal with it. He didn't deserve to be
on the all-star team.

How many times are we going to have to listen to this diatribe about Twan
being "talented". Kedrick Brown is "talented" but he shot .35% from the field.
Somehow I don't think he rates as a top player either. <g> Big friggin deal..all
these guys are talented they are in the NBA.

Also its not Twan "bashing" to claim that he is a top fifty player. He is the
only other top fifty player we have on the team.

Pete