Re: What About This?

Hasn't Strickland been a problem child on every team he's been on? I'm not sure you want to bring that aspect to the C's right now.

From: RickDHome@xxxxxxx
To: Celtics@xxxxxxxx
Subject: What About This?
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 19:05:47 EST

James was better than I suspected he would be. The team was clearly more in
sync when he was in. Banks was real shaky. Not nearly ready. I think his
development should be limited to 8 to 10 minutes a game. James is good for
20-25.

Here's maybe a wild thought. I'm not comfortable with too much Banks this
season. Not remotely implying he might not be pretty good down the line, but I
think this team can make some hay this season.

I want to join the chorus that likes our respectable 4 bigs rotation, and
don't want to trade either Battie OR Williams.

So, just as a stopgap one year minimum wage deal, how about bringing in Rod
Strickland... just for this year. Give Banks a little more time to develop.

Seems reasonable to me, particularly at the veterans minimum salary. I like
that idea a helluva lot better than Battie for Knight, or some such thing (I
know, I'm changing my tune). Battie really has a pretty reasonable salary for
what he brings to the table... at least for our team.

I'm for bringing Strickland in this year. What say you folks?

And a P.S.  -  Still think Kedrick is the very definition of passive, and
Danny'll end up trading him.

Surf and talk on the phone at the same time with broadband Internet access. Get high-speed for as low as $29.95/month (depending on the local service providers in your area). https://broadband.msn.com