Re: What About This?

In a message dated 10/31/2003 6:25:46 AM Eastern Standard Time, CeltsSteve
writes:
Also, he's not the easiest guy in the world to warm up to as a teammate --
given the number of different teams he's played for over the years (there has to
be a reason why Minnesota decided against bringing him back this year). He
also has a notorious reputation of being a party guy that likes to take a drink
or two or three; witness his past DUI's. That fact alone especially wouldn't
make him much of a support system for Baker. Not to mention after a tough road
loss his volatile temper might not take kindly to the C's new policy of
banning alcohol on the team plane and charter flights, either. :-)

CeltsSteve

Ha!  But for those things, eh.

Yeah, he's had a bad rep over the years, and I don't doubt that it's
deserved.  Still, he's gotta know that he's on his last legs in the NBA.  And where
else can he get that kind of Monopoly money?

I don't know how he behaved in Minny last year.  Suppose there's a reason
McHale didn't bring him back though... although they do now have Cassell and Troy
something (previously of the Clippers, who had a real nice year last year).

Just thinking out loud, 'cause I'd feel a little more comfortable with an
experienced hand on board at the point.  I really do think we're improved, and
it's not beyond possibility that we contend for the East title *this* year.