From: <wayray@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <celtics@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2003 7:23 AM
Subject: How The Memphites Look At The Celtics Matchup

> That Grizzlies starting lineup is pretty good....
>
> Memphios Commercial Appeal
>
> Preview: Grizzlies vs. Celtics
> October 31, 2003
> The Pyramid, 7 p.m.
> TV, radio: WPXX-TV (50), 7 p.m.; WHBQ-AM (560), pregame 6 p.m.
>
> Records: Grizzlies 0-0; Boston 1-0. Celtics lead all-time series, 9-6.
> Injury report: Grizzlies - Dahntay Jones (left ankle sprain), Theron Smith
(sore right knee) and Ryan Humphrey (concussion) are on the injured list.
Celtics - Jumaine Jones (strained hamstring) is out. Brandon Hunter (sore
right Achilles), Chris Mills (sore right Achilles) and Kendrick Perkins
(sore knee) are on the injured list.
> KEY MATCHUP:
> James Posey vs. Paul Pierce
> Pierce is the starting shooting guard and Posey starts at small forward.
But Posey is the Grizzlies' defensive stopper and will guard every
opponent's explosive scorer. It's a tough assignment for Posey because
Pierce has averaged 31 points in nine career games against the Griz.
> INSIDE THE CELTICS:
> Boston showcased the same old Pierce, and the new-and-improved Vin Baker
in their 98-75 season opening win against the Miami Heat Wednesday night.
Pierce made 8-of-15 shots and Baker made a triumphant return from
alcoholism. The Celts are playing with a new team-oriented philosophy now
that Antoine Walker's been traded to Dallas. Said Pierce: "We play as a
unit. We don't have guys out there trying to force up shots. It shows that
our shooting percentage was a lot higher. Our assist total was a lot higher.
We really don't care who gets the credit on this ballclub. I mean, the egos
are all out the window. This team is just all about winning."
> INSIDE THE GRIZZLIES:
> This is the season opener for the Grizzlies, who are trying to avoid those
dismal starts of the past two seasons (0-8 and 0-13). Griz coach Hubie Brown
is using his most athletic and balanced lineup by starting Stromile Swift at
center. The Griz haven't publicly put a win total on their expectations.
Backup center Lorenzen Wright would only say this: "We just want to sneak up
on people. We want people to keep looking down on us, expect the old
Grizzlies and expect to run over us. And when they think it's going to be an
easy game, we can bite them in the (butt)."