Re: D'ellasandro: Celtics 8th in east

--- You wrote:
Kendrick not Kedrick and it's still wrong IMO since Kendrick is very young and
raw and will get eaten alive by more experienced starting centers most of the
time until he gets up to pace on the NBA game. He CAN'T reliably substitute for
Battie at this point in terms of what we need, but will quite likely bring more
as soon as a year from now. I like what I saw, but he is really really raw, if
quite talented with a surprisingly good idea of what an inside game should be.
He's also very very young and used to totally dominating and might not cope
psychologically well with too much apparent on court failure.
--- end of quote ---

I wouldn't worry about that with Kendrick. He seems very confident for an
18-year-old. As for Kendrick's PT, I didn't mean he'd be a member of the
regular rotation at C (although I wouldn't mind that at all). What I meant was
that, with LaFrentz, Baker, Blount, and Battie, he'd be on the IL all season
long. I dont' think that helps his development at all. With one of these
removed from the rotation, he might see spot minutes here and there (although,
knowing Obie, he'd probably call Grant Long out of retirement instead). From
what  I've seen, nothing indicates that Kendrick wouldn't be able to handle a
few minutes of action against second-line guys.
Kestas