Re: D'ellasandro: Celtics 8th in east

< I'm not eager to get rid of Battie, but I can sort of understand the
reasoning.  If DA trades him as a salary dump and that allows
1) Kendrick to get some minutes > - Kestas

I think Battie is very reasonably "priced" for a 6'11" 4/5.  I wouldn't
salary dump him at this point.  He started to bring some game last year and
it's a long season for big guys and injuries.  At the trade deadline/next
year some team may really need a big guy and vastly overpay or we may need
the big guy ourselves.  Either way, he is probably as good as any other
mid-level big guy that would be available.  Sometimes the devil you know and
all that.

It also gives the option of LeFrentz slide to the SF spot for minutes if you
wanted to "go big".

Find a "upside" guy like JJ that a team, like the Celtics, looking to "win
now" would trade and it's a different trade. Nothing less then that unless
off-court issues figure into to the trade.

<Jim

---