Re: Stop. Reverse.

--- You wrote:
I agree with all you said, Kestas.  But it's not a
valid form of justifying this trade to say that he
simply knows more than the rest of us...  In fact,
isn't that exactly what people say when they act in
ways that are questioned?
--- end of quote ---

Yes, but that doesn't mean he's wrong. I guess he could enumerate the various
ways having Toine on the team was "not a positive thing", but people are
attacking the Celtics brass for dumping on Toine as it is. It doesn't help
anything except our curiosity. I think, for the most part, it's an emotional
reaction to Toine anyway, so arguments aren't going persuade his fans.

--- You wrote:
You're right, Kestas, about the logical fallacy
issue...  It's an interesting thought experiment to
wonder if every team traded with every other team in a
trade that benefitted each team if the league as a
whole would improve.  It would seem like it would not,
since the objective talent level would remain the same
regardless of the distribution.
--- end of quote ---

Well, the talent wouldn't improve, but the way it is utilized would.
It also depends on what is meant by 'talent'. If a player is traded to a team
where he's a much better fit, plays a lot, and improves his game, did his
talent level increase? If that's how you define it, you could see a generalized
increase in talent.

--- You wrote:
But of course that's
not taking into account alot of illogical
factors...like "chemistry" and what-not...of course,
if we take into account such illogical concepts as
"chemistry" then that negates the logical fallacy,
doesn't it (btw, this is the second post in the last
couple days where you've pulled out the logical
fallacy phrase...do you happen to be in a logic class,
by chance?  <snip>
--- end of quote ---

Well, someone's reading my posts  :)  No, I've been done with classes for years
now, including graduate courses. But I did take a logic class maybe 8 or 9
years ago.

--- You wrote:
Furthermore, what's the definition of benefit?
<snip.> ...he fools
people, he comes away with the greater benefit by
making the other team assume incorrectly that they are
receiving a benefit...and isn't that what a barter or
a trade is meant to be....getting people to give you
what you want by making them want what you have in a
degree that is disproportionate to what you have.  Is
that not a good trade?
--- end of quote ---

That's an interesting point. But if you always screw other GMs, pretty soon
people will refuse trading with you, no?

--- You wrote:
I'm not exactly ruing his loss as much as Danny's
deficiencies as a GM (i.e., if I were the GM instead
of Danny, I would have been able to bring out the best
in Antoine...and if I can do it....)
--- end of quote ---

I'll assume you're kidding here.
Kestas