Re: Stop. Reverse.

--- Shawn Niles <shizzjr@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well I guess we disagree. Time will show which one
> of us is right.

True that...

> As for Danny calling most people idiots..... what's
> wrong with that? He's
> right. The only people who don't like this trade are
> the ones that are happy
> with 42-48 wins and 2nd round playoff exits for the
> next 5 years.

Not quite.  Some people actually think that if Antoine
would have been kept, Kedrick, Marcus and Kendrick
developed, and a free agent added, that we could have
competed for the title within two years.  Just because
we wanna stand pat and see what happens when Antoine
is surrounded by good talent (like he was when we went
to the EC Finals), doesn't mean we want to suffer
second round exists every year.  Don't you think this
is the most talented team we've had?  Our last more
talented team, with Rodney and Delk in 2001, went to
the EC finals...is it not reasonable to think that
with more talent, plus the maturity of Antoine and
Paul, that we could have gone further.  People don't
seem to give enough respect to the status quo...

> And a lot of trades are made where both teams
> benefit. If two teams have
> needs, and both have extra players in the area where
> the other teams needs
> are, what's wrong with doing the deal? It happens
> all the time.

Somebody always wins (greater benefit, as Kestas
rightfully pointed out) and somebody always loses in a
trade, regardless of whether both teams benefit.  I,
personally, would rather be on the side that wins.

> There's no guarantee that Dallas wins a
> championship. There are some awfully
> good teams out West. As for Antoine becoming an all
> star out west... wow,
> how delusional. Finley, Duncan, Webber, Brand,
> Wallace, Malone, Jamison,
> Murphy, Stoudemire, Marion, Garnett, Stojakovic,
> Lewis, Sprewell, Rose,
> Robinson....    please tell me how Antoine makes
> that team.

If the Mavs take the league by storm, and Antoine, as
"point-forward" plays an integral part on the team,
then I don't see why he wouldn't make....lots of
players make the All-Star team based on good numbers
AND the fact that their team is great.  This is not
even to mention that a couple of the players mentioned
above could either be injured or have a bad year....so
yeah, I'm not delusional, just imaginative ;)

Ryan