O'Brien can adapt

It seems like there's a popular misconception that O'Brien is set in his
ways, and therefore cannot take the team any further than he already has.
I would like to introduce the following evidence to the contrary as
"Exhibit A"

Oct. 15, 2001
Answering a question on the new defensive rules
"We do not have any plans at this point in time to run any zones.
Certainly, part of our rotations in our man-to-man will have zone
principles in, frankly, it has always been that case."

May 18, 2002
On whether the Celtics are really playing a zone, despite previous
denials.
"If we have a zone, it was't designed to be a zone.  Now, if it has become
a zone, and that's what people think it is, then maybe that's what it is.
But it was't intended to be a zone."

October 15, 2003
"We put in our zone defense and a little bit of our zone offense"