Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] Re: ESPN Insider on the Celtics

On Saturday, October 11, 2003, at 10:24  AM, Celtic4Hire@xxxxxxx wrote:

> What? Has the evil left Lance and entered your body, Mr. JB Hyde? You
> are
> looking forward to the return of Delk at point guard? I'm glad you are
> not the
> coach because you got the patience of a small child. Banks is totally
> overwhelmed right now but James is playing pretty well. Neither is
> playing the
> penetrating, creating point guard that you desire but James is
> contributing much more
> to the running game by his williness to pass the ball up the court.
> Delk never
> has shown that ability. Banks is more raw than he expected but if you
> want
> Delk at the point guard spot right now instead of learning-on-the-job
> Banks or
> James, then be prepared to watch Walker bring up the ball and the
> spread em out,
> one-on-one basketball of last year....
>
> DJessen33
> ******************
	LOL; facetiousness flies like snow in the alps.
	Banks is  a rookie and in time, I suspect he will do just fine.
	You say James is playing well, well, that's our point of discord. My
view of him so far, is that he's Delk without a shooters touch. Either
he or Tony will give us Walker creating in the half court.  In other
words; why play James when you have Delk to do the same thing, only
with some scoring? Pass up the floor? Delk can do it. Baker can do it;
hell Kenny Anderson's grandmother can do it. A point guard ain't a
point guard, if he can not create in the half court.
	The point of my post, was not to see Delk in the starting role (ugh),
but to use that threat, (it will happen, friends) to dramatize the need
for that "true" point, I have been raving about for years. Ainge just
doesn't seem to see it. Larry Bird does and he grabbed two more to
compliment his third year vet.; Tinsley. Tonight we will begin to see
just how smart Larry really is.

	JB

Unchain My Heart!