Re: ESPN Insider on the Celtics

At 10:18 AM 10/11/2003 -0400, you wrote:
I think Ford was alluding to the fact that Pierce led the team in assists
last season.
It's true he isn't a point guard, and passing isn't his strongest asset, but
he was the best player we had in getting teammates open shots.

But he didn't - Walker did. Ford doesn't know what he's talking about and he
doesn't care. His sole purpose in writing about the Celtics is to dump on
them.

Looks like were both wrong.  Regular season and post season together Pierce
and Walker  had 416 assists each.  I had thought Paul pulled ahead during the
playoffs.  However Paul did have his in 135 less minutes.

While it is widely accepted that Antoine acted as the de facto point guard
and many times brought the ball up the court, the ball was put in Pierce's hands
in half court situations when something had to be created from nothing, which
is traditionally the point guards main responsibility.  That was especially
true in the playoffs where Paul averaged 6.7 assists per game and could very
well have been the basis for Ford's statement since that was the last impression
the Celtics left us with.

TAM