re: Pregame notes

Interesting speculation from Mr. Jessen here:

- How can the .500 Knicks be a team to fear?  If the Knicks got
all their parts functioning: A healthy McDyess, Mutumbo represenative,
Houston and Van Horn okay, Mason for depth, and a deal for Van Exel,
methinks they'd be much better than .500, especially in the weak
but improving East. Certainly a  playoff caliber team.

- MJ to the Lakers. Make it so. With or without him or Kobe,
as long as Shaq is motivated and in shape, they are the favorites.

- Who's to say Darko won't be that great player. L Brown thinks so.
And all those seven-footers in a league desperate for size, means
future trade possibilities.
Ray