Pregame notes

A few notes:
The Knicks may put together a team to fear. A Mutumbo, McDyess, Van Horn,
Houston, Van Exel team wouldn't be chopped liver. In the spirit of the Lakers,
bringing back Mason as a sub would make this team a .500 team. They would still
have a lot of question marks, Mutumbo - age, McDyess - injury, and Van Horn -
stage fright. It would be interesting and maybe a little fearful. (Don't
forget Lampe and Sweetney off the bench)....

Now as for the Lakers and MJ. If MJ came back to the Lakers, I would be sick.
I would have to watch every Laker game just to root against them. I mean,
what would the refs do with themself? You got the Jordan Rules. Then you got
Malone throwing himself into people and getting foul calls. You got Shaq bowling
over people for the jam. The refs would be beside themselves blowing their
whistle. Not to mention Payton and the whole "put the band back together" farewell
reunion theme they would have going on. I mean the refs/David Stern wouldn't
want that story to stop in the first round of the playoffs. Yet, how about if
Kobe was to come back or play with the team. More plot lines there. You got
the sentimental aspect of the maligned and wrongly accused still coming to work
and trying to help his team. Or how about if he is off for awhile then comes
back to save the team. The producers are trying to figure out what works better
right now. But then the ultimate, father - son, MJ - Kobe thing. Or another,
the pass the torch MJ - Kobe angle. I mean, David Stern probably isn't
sleeping at night thinking of the potential ratings. By the way, Cuban was right
about this whole deal.....

Saw enough of Darko last night to say he will contribute this year. I still
am not sold on the Pistons. They have a lot of good players but no great
players. In my book, you have to have great players to win (and a little depth).
Let's see some more preseason games to evaluate....

I am a little disappointed I am not hearing more glowing reports about Banks
in camp. However, I will be able to guage myself the progress tonight....

DJessen33