Re: Let me help you figure it out

Celtic4Hire@xxxxxxx wrote:

2) PP started the second half with three attempts of driving from the high wing, same place, same thing and got stripped all three times and our lead evaporated.
Yeah, I thought Philly was playing an unusually (for them) soft D in the first half, which why the Celtics scored 51 points in the half. But then Philly started playing their usual D and it became a major struggle.

3) Baker had a couple of his touches in the low post on the right hand side. He is so much better on the left side. When things aren't going well, you get your best players in their best play to score.

That's well known around the league, it's why defenses try to steer him to the right side.

4) The Cs didn't run again. No easy baskets.

They got outrebounded again.

5) No other options for scoring in the starting lineup if you aren't running except for PP and Baker....

That's where LaFrentz would help. He can hit the open 18-footer. No one else on the team, besides Pierce and Baker, currently can. Welsch may get there with time and more shots, he's a good enough shooter. Kedrick has the shot mechanics, but the confidence issue just kills him. Williams can score in the post if he's not badly physically outmatched, which he lately is.

Let's face it - Philly is a tough, very experienced veteran team playing at home. There are no softies in the lineup of Snow, AI, McKie, Kenny Thomas and Marc Jackson. AI is actually passing the ball these days, and playing as well as ever. Salmons, Dalembert, and even McCaskill are pretty good, too. You can't expect easy wins in Philly no matter who you are. Yet we nearly pulled it out despite all of our current problems.

Kestas