Re: SF production

In a message dated 11/21/03 4:46:26 PM Pacific Standard Time,
fozzyrocks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> http://www.82games.com/0304BOS5.HTM
> >
> Woah - that page says that Paul Pierce is our worst player...Not too far
> from reality....

Careful, John.

You would be well served not to reference such a "Neanderthal" analysis like
that website's statistical look at C's stats to date. For the Empress on this
list has recently deigned that Pierce is merely a "victim" in an Ainge/O'Brien
tug o' war and thus bears no responsibility at all for the C's current plight
and anyone who thinks otherwise is guilty of Neanderthal thinking.

When Walker was here, Pierce was able to thrive despite double and triple
teams but now that Walker is gone, in the Empress' bizarre world, the fact Pierce
routinely wilts under double and triple teams is only because of (in her
words) "overall mediocrity" and "little to no talent difference among our top ten,
maybe even our top thirteen players"; despite the fact that the current team
is deeper than when Walker was here just from the sheer number of bodies if
for no other reason.

And despite her stated excuse for Pierce's lousy performances year-to-date
being about "overall (roster) mediocrity" she is also "sick of survivor Obie
being considered some sort of modern-day Svengali able to squeeze lemonade from
lemons." This is especially a hoot coming from one who often pontificates about
other posters' flawed logic.

I'd love to discuss the "Neanderthal" logic of that website with you more but
you'll have to pardon me while I step outside my cave now and try hunt down a
wild animal that I can club to death for my dinner. Nothing like the taste of
raw meat to satisfy our hunger pangs, you know? But I'm sure that since the
Empress is so satisfied with Pierce's sparking play that when she visits
McDonald's each day for her usual Happy Meal, she'll continue to stuff the All-Star
ballot box on behalf of the C's max contract "victim."

CeltsSteve