RE: [Celtics' Stuff ] "The Paul Pierce show was killing the offen se. "-DJessen

--- You wrote:
At one time I think there was a variance in the 3 point arc, but it was
revised a few years back.

According to this site, the arc is an equal distance from the basket all
around the perimeter.
--- end of quote ---

The site is a little outdate, 6 years to be exact.

The distance was changed back to the current (and original) distance in '97,
despite helping to boost Jordan's 3pt% (and the Bulls' winning %) dramatically.
I still don't know how Stern allowed it.

Here are the official NBA court dimensions, complete with a drawing, from the
horse's mouth:
http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_1.html?nav=ArticleList