Re: The Dallas draft pick

I emailed the Cs this morning with the question and got confirmation back already that it IS Dallas's own pick. The respondant did not believe it was lottery protected, however agreed with what I'd already noted about that - that it would be a fairly absurd restriction given whose pick it is anyways.

Kim

-----Original Message-----
From: JB <jimmetz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Nov 19, 2003 7:39 AM
To: Celtics List <Celtics@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: "David J. Boutte" <dajubo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: The Dallas draft pick

On Nov 18, 2003, at 11:38 PM, David J. Boutte wrote:

> I remember reading somewhere that the pick the Cs received from Dallas
> in the Walker
> deal is a pick that the Mavs obtained from another team. Does anyone
> know if that is
> accurate, and if so, what is the other team?
>
> -David
	We've been tracking that down in "Celticsstuffgroup" Every news source
has reported that we got the Mavericks pick. No one could find any
report that Dallas has any other picks to give.
	Regarding that pick; Patrcia Bender's site says it's protected. In a
private E-mail, she noted that the pick goes to the Celtics the first
year that Dallas does not finish in the lottery.

	JB
Unchain My Heart!