Three point line question...

Don't bother checking.  The three point line is closer
in the corners of the court.  Thus, the shortest three
point shots are the ones that Walter usually takes;
the ones dead in the corner (not that he's helped by
it).  If you look at the three point arch, it keeps
it's "archness" until getting to either corner where
it then gets straight, conforming to the out of bounds
line parallel to it.  I don't remember exactly how
much shorter it is (maybe something like 9 inches),
but the original distance was compromised so as to
create a manageable distance between the three-point
line and the out of bounds line.  Not that it
helps...players often step out of bounds, probably
because they're too conscious of the three-point line.

Ryan