re: Insider speculates on Celtic trade (with good info on Perkins)

Ray wrote:

However why would the Wizards trade for Battie?
They made the Kight trade to reduce salary, so not likely they'd
want to take on a non-expiring contract; never mind giving up a draft pick.
Unless an expiring contract like Mills or Williams was included.
But that seems unlikely in the context of Ford's comments.

Yeah, you're right about Knight. It would have to be some sort of three-way deal. My frustration over the emerging role of Mark "Bill Russell" Blount at the expense of a really talented player like Lafrentz is showing through. Unfortunately, it's becoming obvious that Ainge feels the need to force Obie's hand when it comes to playing different people. He did it with Banks by getting rid of Delk and making Mike James the only other option (guaranteeing the kid some playing time). Maybe he'll have to do the same thing with Lafrentz by dealing Battie. By the way, I like what Mark Blount is doing, but in typical Obie fashion, he's exaggerating the guy's play. He's had some good games, but he's still a backup center on almost any other team. I don't want to leave the team short-handed up front, but if Perkins can chip in just 8-10 minutes per game, then I think they're fine. A Baker-Blount-Lafrentz primary rotation should work nicely.

Anyway, don't be surprised if Kedrick is packaged along with Battie. That frees up more time for another Danny guy - Jumaine Jones. Unless, of course, we see Walter instead - like last night. See... you're going to get me going again.

Mark

P.S. I think the Brent Barry idea may be the winner. As I've said before, I love him as a point guard. I agree with whoever said Ridnour is unlikely for a number of reasons. Besides, I don't think he's the answer (I'm pretty sure they still believe Banks is the PG of the future-if they make a deal, I think they're looking for help now). Barry or Tinsley seem like the best fits for everyone.