RE: Here's What We Know

Ray,

While I agree something needs to be done with respect to the Celtics
offense, I'm not sure Barry is the guy.  He takes a lot of nights off
and frankly, I don't think he has the mentality to be the guy along side
Pierce. He's just not aggressive enough and he's another guy that cannot
create his own shots. The Celtics desperately need another player that
can create some offense for himself but still want to create offense for
others.

Ridnour is offensively gifted no doubt, but after watching him quite a
bit this season, he is very lacking in the defense department and again,
he is not a player that is going to create for himself.

What really intrigues me is this. Given Ronald "Flip" Murray's
impressive and extremely legitimate rise, would Ray Allen be available?
I can't recall if the Sonics already signed him to a max extension. If
not, would they be willing to trade him? And what would it take to get
him?

Allen is the type of player that could propel the Celtics to the next
level. Not only can he create his own offense, he can create and, more
importantly, is happy to create for others.

Battie, Eric Williams expiring contract, cap fodder and two first round
picks next year. Would that do it?  Allen's the guy I would target and
if I were Ainge I would make it very hard for Seattle not to at least
consider some type of deal.

Ravi