RE: OB wouldnt be down with 3 for 2 deal

At 08:12 PM 11/10/2003, Josh Rice wrote:
Kim makes a great point here, and it makes me think maybe Jimbo has a clue.
This is the perfect way to use EW. As soon as he enters the game you give
him the ball a few times in the half court. Immediately. This is his one
unique skill, and it's a good one.

And one that we're noticeably shy on. It also can become a bit contagious, as I think it did last night. I think he offers a bit more than that, but I know I'm in the minority. Anyway, you're right that it's definitely what you want him doing though, not shooting 3s. And noticeable this season that he actually kept getting fed, where last season he'd have someone on him he could take but never see the ball again after the first drive or two.

I said I wanted to do some statistical analysis about it. I'll have the full database running, probably by the end of tomorrow. It's massaging the data into optimally useful feeds that takes time. FWIW if anyone has anything they want checked, effectively I'm importing all of last season and this season's boxscores into a couple of tables with individual and team stats for each game broken out, but within the same database to match and compare stuff. Cripes, is there anything worse than a data geek with a sports jones <self deprecating grin>
Kim