Re: OB wouldnt be down with 3 for 2 deal

Pete, did you get a chance to watch yesterday's game or are you going by
stats? Dunno, maybe it looked differently on TV, but I was there and no he
did not play excellent defense on Peja IMO. He was far too often a step or
so behind and appeared to be playing defense with the sort of passiveness
Of course I watched the game.. I actually capture the video to my computer..
As far as Kedrick playing "passive" or a "step to slow"... I think your
making the mistake of listening to Tommy Heinsohn. Tommy is always jocking to get
McCarty in there. I am happy because most of the time I get the opposing teams
feeds on league pass here. I think Tommy is a very poor announcer nowadays. He
plays favorites and loves to pump up mediocre guys who he thinks are "hustle"
players but usually they are guys without much talent.

OB was proud of Kedrick's defense. In the Celtics defense you have to sag off
your assignment. Also despite how "slow" people think Peja is he will easily
drive past you if you play him tight. Peja shot poorly overall and Kedrick's
defense played a part in it. Did he get beat? Yeah.. but Peja can score on
anyone.

Also I think people confuse Kedrick's athletic style..with lack of effort.
This is unfair...
watch where he is on the court. He normally gets up the court before anyone
else on offense and back before anyone else on defense. Like Battie he plays
two or three guys at once...sagging off his defender and then having to recover
quickly to them if they get the ball.

Also he suffers from the "Eric Dickerson" effect.. During one play the
football player Eric Dickerson was running the ball for a touchdown. The coach
yelled at him from the sidelines
- run faster your just jogging! But Dickerson yelled back 'but coach I am
running faster then anyone else!". The guy has an easy stride to his speed..which
nearly all the truly fast people do. Guys who "hustle" like say Dan Dickau
might look fast but are actually slow.

Pete