Re: OB wouldnt be down with 3 for 2 deal

At 12:51 PM 11/10/2003, GuyClinch@xxxxxxx wrote:

>Pete, did you get a chance to watch yesterday's game or are you going by
>stats? Dunno, maybe it looked differently on TV, but I was there and no he
>did not play excellent defense on Peja IMO. He was far too often a step or
>so behind and appeared to be playing defense with the sort of passiveness
>
>Of course I watched the game.. I actually capture the video to my computer..
>As far as Kedrick playing "passive" or a "step to slow"... I think your
>making the mistake of listening to Tommy Heinsohn.

Not me. As I said, I was at the game. And if I'm just repeating what
someone else says then I make it clear I'm just agreeing with them.
Even when I watch on TV, I prefer to turn off the sound and listen to the
radio broadcast. Done that for years - I can't stand listening to Tommy do
a game.

I just asked if you watched, because sometimes people do use the boxscores
as an alternative if they miss a game, and those can be highly misleading.
As can any stat.

>OB was proud of Kedrick's defense. In the Celtics defense you have to sag
>off your assignment.

Well yes and no. Sometimes, but sometimes you do play tight, which I've
seen Kedrick do. I'm not talking general system. I'm just refuting that it
was an excellent individual defensive game by Kedrick. I've seen him play
some excellent individual defensive games, including games with a lot of
sags. Marcus got beaten some too, as did Paul and Jiri. But all three,
within their abilities had excellent defensive games IMO. Obie's got to do
something about that sag with Baker though. Too often sags off the wrong
man to help and is late getting back, leaving someone like Miller Celtics
Killer too open too often.

>Also I think people confuse Kedrick's athletic style..with lack of effort.
>This is unfair...

Fine, but I didn't say that. And yes, I know you said people not me in
particular, but it is in response to my post as if you think it applies to
that.

Kim