Re: Interesting Insider article on the expansion draft

--- You wrote:
I found this interesting. It lays out some scenarios surrounding next
summer's expansion draft. It's long, but worth the read. While we're on the
subject, has anyone else tried to look at who the Celts might protect? They
get to protect eight players. It's not as easy to choose those players as
you'd think.
--- end of quote ---

No, it isn't. Here's my protection list :

Definitely - Pierce, Perkins
Probably -  Jones,  Welsch, Banks, Blount
Maybe - James, McCarty, Battie
Probably not - Raef,  Brown
Definitely not - Baker

FAs not on the list: EWill, Mills, Hunter

Obviously, all this depends on who gets traded from the current team (I'm
pretty sure someone will be) and how the younger players develop over the
course of the season. My rationale was that Ainge will keep all the cheap
prospects and, of course, Pierce. He will might leave Raef unprotected even
though he wants to keep him, reasoning that he's making too much money to be
taken. He will definitely leave Baker unprotected. If Battie survives this
season and plays reasonably well, he will likely be protected because of his
relatively small salary. Then again, it depends on how Perkins develops, and
how well Blount is able to replicate Battie's contributions. Unless Kedrick
Brown picks up his game, he'll not be protected. I don't see DA giving up on
Banks, unless he really bombs. Same with Welsch. James's status also heavily
depends on his play, but I think he'll be kept. Jones and Blount are cheap
contributors, they will be protected. McCarty may become very superfluous, even
in Obie's eyes, if Jones plays as expected. This is without even considering
any possible deals with Charlotte - it would get way too complicated.
Kestas